Friday, May 6, 2011

Isamu Noguchi #1



Isamu Noguchi is a landscape artist who creates sculptures and public art. He has is own museum (The Noguchi Museum) and it consist of different pieces of his artwork. He carves stone and rocks, and he sets the up in an artistic way. 


He was born in American and lived during the time when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. He was treated badly for being Japanese and he grew up with in hardship and unfairness. A lot of his work is based on is heritage.




He has a garden on Shikoku island in Japan. (Picture below) He carved granite and basalt sculptures.


I love this style. If I were rich, I would hire him to design my backyard. Isamu is an amazing artist and I enjoyed viewing his designs. If you want to view more, just visit http://www.noguchi.org. Enjoy! I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment